|Every 60 sec or so we get the 25% circle which seems to take forever to end. Thought I'd try to find solution and now I see that this problem is nothing compared to others. We thought ROKU was so easy to install …….since we are old and very tech stupid. Can anyone just give a simple explanation to help us with OUR problem? respond to this post )|
|I bought the Roku Stick yesterday and the setup was not a snap. The instructions are not fully explained. Anyhow, I got everything going and we decided to stream a movie; and it was working fine and then about halfway thru; a buzzing noise came thru my sound bar. I quickly turned the volume down, the video was still streaming fine, the audio buzzing. I stopped the movie, then started it again, the video was fine but I had no sound, the Roku had blown my sound bar. Went to remove the Stick and it was real hot. I now have no sound bar respond to this post|
new braunfels, tx
|This is not an answer or silver bullet for all but this is my story if your service provider is AT&T.|
1. Desktop (hardwired) – modem/wireless device in Den.
2. Went to http://www.speedtest.net/ to run test made note on Ping, Download Speed, and Upload Speed.
3. I stationed a laptop in the room approx. 50’ with TV and ROKU device. Opened web site www.speedtest.net ran test, made note of Ping, Download Speed, and Upload Speed.
4. Note: all TV s were in off position before test.
5. Start and make notes (Ping, Download Speed and Upload Speed) after each time you turn on an HD TV on both desktop and laptop until you have them all turned on and should be able to see your Ping, Download Speed and Upload Speed drop.
6. Leave all units on or the ones you normally have on when problem begins and now turn on Roku Netflix or whichever you are having trouble with. Once on, run test on both desktop and laptop in room with Roku device and it should drop more than the desktop closer to Modem/wireless device.
7. Roku streaming takes a lot of Mbps Bandwidth, I had 25M Max Plus and since that was the problem, went up to 30M problem fixed for now. * forgot Smart Phone was also loosing connection while on Roku/Netflix problem fixed.
8. Also Digital Life Security system used some of my Mbps Download Speed.
9. Not blaming Roku or Netflix……………make appointment with AT&T Tech to check what I indicated above, was no charge to me. Below is a way to change channels before upgrading changing profile to higher Mbps if signal is good.
If you are an AT&T U-Verse customer go to http://192.168.1.254/
Key Things to do Using Your Gateway
Wireless Channel: change channel
Or Click: rescan to Check Wireless Channel Availability
Under Security insert your modem equipment login password then click save
Wireless Key Use default Wireless Network Key printed on the System Label
Use custom Wireless Network Key
If you have AT&T call for assistants to go over this part of changing channels. Good Luck
respond to this post
|Bought roku as present, worked great until 5-20-2015. Now it turns on but is unable to connect to Netflix, history, crackle, vevo, fox- it says there is an error. Tried all the online suggestions and nothing works. Tried to contact roku tech support but there has been no response. No reason to buy a another one. Will replace with product that works and has support. respond to this post|
|Had roku about a year. No when you turn it on just says roku going around the screen. Can't get anything esle to work. respond to this post|
|Roku HD 2500X no longer able to receive the Sky News feed (live or on demand content). Sometimes it will load and retrieve but then lose signal- black screen followed by a ROKU reboot. Problem started with Build 3323 version 6.2 software on April 7 2015. Very annoying to lose this news channel that previously worked flawlessly for over 1 year.|
I have 4 HD 2500X boxes on different TVs, all have the same issue. All other feeds work well except for occasional video freeze up or a reboot.
speedtest results: 40.8ms latency 7907740 bytes, 3648ms, 2.19221 Mbytes/sec, 17.53768 Mbits/sec
Would like to hear if other HD 2500X users have similar Sky News problems respond to this post )
|I HAVE 2 ROKU UNITS AND BOTH DO NOT WORK ALL THE TIME. IT SHOWS MY WIFI BUT SAYS CONNECT TO A WIRELESS NETWORK. WILL NOT CONNECT. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO CONTACT ROKU AND THERE WEB SITE STRANGELY WILL NOT LET YOU CONTACT THEM. (INTERESTING) I HAVED ALSO FAXED THEM TWICE WITH NO RESPONSE. THIS ALL STARTED IN THE END OF APRIL 15. THE UNITS ARE 2 OR 3 YEARS OLD. ARE THEY GOING TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A PROBLEM? I'M NOT SURE I WANT THE APPLE TV AS IT SEEMS TO BE LIMITED WITH CONTENT. respond to this post|
|plays everything but netflix. started last week after 2 years respond to this post )|
|5-14-15 I've been unsuccessful at getting anything to load on my Roku. I've tried all the trouble shooting optons but nothing seems to work. respond to this post )|
|We use ROKU to watch GAIAMTV. The volume drops drastically from the slightest jump in sound such as laughter, hands clapping, a ring on the hand accidentally hitting a desk. It's like there's a governor on the volume or an audio compressor set improperly. This only happens with GaiamTV and their own in house produced programming like the interview shows or lectures. I don't know if the problem is on their end or a ROKU issue or both, such as an improper audio feed or something like that. It doesn't happen when I listen with earphones plugged into the ROKU remote which makes it all the more confusing to isolate the cause. I've make all kind of setting adjustments to no avail. Any ideas???? respond to this post|
|Over the past couple of weeks, my Facebook app. on Roku will not show any news feeds, friends photos, etc. Any idea how to fix? respond to this post )|